Self-employment is not an end in itself, even if the idea of one’s own company generates traction, charisma, and fascination.
There are very different reasons for wanting to become self-employed. Having said so, the people behind sammenlign priser med leiebilnord business have their own reasons as well.
Before you start serious planning, you should check it out very carefully, because there is definitely another way.
What are the advantages of self-employment?
- Self-determination: You are your own master.
- Freedom: You can organize your time freely.
- Money: You can theoretically earn more.
- Ideas: Your skills can develop more individually.
- Reputation: You are admired. You are powerful.
- Adventure: The chance for maximum challenge.
- Responsibility: You develop your personality holistically and at a high level.
There is none of the points that would not also speak in favor of an employment relationship.
It all depends on how you interpret the aspects for yourself and what environment or company you choose and what position you choose.
What are the disadvantages of self-employment?
- Time: You work an above-average amount.
- Security: If the order situation is bad, there is no regular salary. You need to know how to get the business going again.
- Finances: Depending on the type of business, you take a higher financial risk. It takes a long time before you really earn well. Some never make it!
- Administration: You have to be prepared for the tax requirements of your company. It means learning-by-doing, getting help from a tax advisor, acquiring knowledge on the Internet, for example in the founder’s lounge or attending courses.
- Psychological stress: Uncertainty in the order situation and financial troughs with a consistently high volume of work can knock the tenderly-tempered people off their pedestals.
Test yourself and your dream of independence
Each of the following three situations will influence your desire to become self-employed differently.
And none of the types described is a guarantee that you will not go broke and has specific risks and advantages.
- The thoroughbred entrepreneur. You just have it in your blood.
- The product or service-oriented entrepreneur. You are simply concerned with the matter, and it needs the right conditions.
- Independence born out of necessity. You can’t find a job and you don’t know what you want. Certainly not the best prerequisite for starting your own company. However, the situation does not mean that you cannot ignite the fire for a start-up idea after all.